Monday, February 5th 2018
When it comes to your art, do you give it everything you’ve got? Like, blood, sweat, tears and then some? You train, you practice, you work hard, you show up, you do your job despite the outcome, and then you do it all over again.. and again… and again?
If you answered “yes” then, congratulations! I believe, with all my heart, that: YOU. ARE. BRAVE. You throw yourself into the ring time and time again without any reservations! You do this to feed your need to create and share your gifts! You are strong! You are bold!
I am also going to wager a guess that, at times, you can be hard on yourself. Perhaps you get frustrated with the process, outside voices, or yourself. Maybe you’ve become exhausted with the grind and just need a breather to reboot. Or maybe you are riding a fabulous wave of creativity. But whatever you are feeling, wherever you are, please know, without a shadow of a doubt, that you, my dears, are very, very brave.
Why, you ask? I will tell you!
1) By putting yourself out there time and time again you have built up an emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical stamina that very few have.
2) In choosing the path of an artist, you have become comfortable in the unpredictable which is an amazing skill that will prove helpful for the rest of your life.
3) You strive to make people feel with your art. That is a beautiful and selfless thing to do with one’s life.
4) By creating art, you are inherently empathetic. You attempt to see the world through someone else’s eyes and in doing so, you open up your mind to the plight of other people.
5) You try. Do you know how many people don’t? You are one of the few who answered your soul’s calling and you are taking proactive steps to make that calling a reality.
So, hats off to you, you brave artists. We, at Shari Shaw Studios, are blessed to bear witness to your journey. Keep up the hard work, keep swimming, honor yourself, and be proud of the important work that you do.